Nominated for: BEST Landmark
Trinity Church has been a vital part of Boston's skyline since its dedication in 1877. The parish, which was incorporated in 1733, was originally located in downtown Boston. In 1872, under the leadership of Rector Phillips Brooks, the parish decided to construct a new building and make the move to Boston's Back Bay neighborhood. A young architect by the name of Henry Hobson Richardson conceived a bold new design to house this thriving parish and its nationally recognized preacher. Completed in 1877, Richardson's masterpiece helped to define Copley Square as a cultural center for the city, and it was quickly honored as a landmark in American design.
Charlestown Navy Yard Charlestown Navy Yard Charlestown
Faneuil Hall Market Place Faneuil Hall Market Place Downtown
Boston Public Library Boston Public Library Back Bay
Copp's Hill Burying Ground Copp's Hill Burying Ground North End